Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Song: Ascendam Theme

Around one week ago (or two?) I was working on some sprites for Ascendam when I realized I still needed to define a little more the "look and feel" I want this game to have, so I decided to give another try to compose a song that would reflect the dynamic gameplay I want to create.

I did a little search and found this awesome music app for Android called Caustic 3 (I think it also exists for iOS). It is not free but it really worth its price (actually I didn't find any good free music app). Anyway, maybe I could write about the app later, today I want to share this song that I composed for Ascendam's title screen. It took a little more time than normal because I was still learning the app, and I had little idea of what kind of song I wanted to compose, but after some tries it started to emerge by itself.

I was thinking in a style similar to the music in Mega Man X3. However as I have said, I'm not a born musician so I'm still pretty far to compose something that awesome. Anyway I believe it's good enough and now I can imagine a little more how dynamic the gameplay should be, as well as the movements I want Anz (the main character) to perform.

I uploaded two versions, one is just the song, the other is the looped version. I uploaded both because the loop is not expected to start at the beginning of the song, so I pasted the song 3 times as I want to make the loop to sound in game. I'm sharing here the looped version, the original one can be found in my soundcloud profile.

I hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment