Sunday, March 8, 2015

Game progress: Defender Blender - How to Play level

This week I had a little time to design my How to Play level.

The idea behind make a How to Play level is to make the player to understand the basics of the game, in this case these are the basics I wanted to cover:

1. Attack and jump. A very Mario starting I would say.

2. Get down of thin platforms. Additionally I put another enemy in order to remind the player how to attack the enemies.

3. Recover energy. This is a weird one, you basically make a suicidal jump. The idea is to teach the player that you actually don't die when your run out of health.

4. Items and health behavior. After attacking a bunch of enemies, hopefully the player will notice that the health points are also lost when attacking. Here I put an item to recover health and provide a little more explanation.

5. Jump attack. In this one I decided to not put any explanatory text, I believe it would be kind of obvious for the player that the jump attack exists.

Hopefully next week I will have a playable version and share it in Reddit looking for feedback.

Thank you for reading, see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment